Monday, October 1, 2012

Mahatma Gandhi


“I am confident that in the struggle of humanity and justice nonviolence movement is more relevant than ever.” – Martin Luther King Jr. Nobel Peace prize (1964)

“When we fought with arms against communist government we failed but when we fought with Gandhian tactics and used his weapons (truth and nonviolence) we succeeded.” Lech Wałęsa, Nobel peace prize (1983)

“Today there is a tensile environment in the entire world & there are great differences between the West and rest of the world. In this the situation Gandhi stands tall as an example.” – Desmond Tutu , Nobel peace prize (1984)

“This is a tribute to the memories of Gandhi” – chairman of Nobel committee on giving the Nobel peace Prize (1989) to Dalai Lama

“I read Gandhi during my house arrest. It helped me a greatly to be disciplined.” – Aung San Suu Kyi, Nobel peace prize (1991)

“Gandhi has been the source of inspiration for me. I learnt the way of nonviolence from Gandhi.” – Nelson Mandela on receiving Nobel Peace prize (1993)

“Gandhi has always inspired me. We can change the world by his simple yet deep thoughts.” – Barack Obama, Nobel peace prize (2009)

Note :- Mahatma Gandhi never received the Nobel Peace prize. Gandhi could do without the Nobel Peace prize, whether Nobel committee can do without Gandhi is the question.

No comments:

Post a Comment